Steph Kelly, Play & Empowerment Coach
Certified Martha Beck Wayfinder Life Coach
International Coaching Federation, Associate Certified Coach (ACC-ICF)
Partner, Copper Thread Coaching
Working with a coach is an intimate, collaborative experience, and it’s important to find a practitioner you’re comfortable with. Here is a bit about me, and how I approach coaching.
After plunging into fertility treatments like I was training for the Olympics, life took an unexpected turn.
At the age of 34, I found myself laying in a hospital bed recovering from a total hysterectomy and processing fresh news that after almost a decade of various fertility treatments, our final IVF cycle with a surrogate had failed. She had not fallen pregnant, and we had now fully exhausted our family building options.The timing could not have been more painful.
Burnt out from trying to balance a hectic marketing career and a chronic illness, I was left with a broken heart with no roadmap for what came next.
That’s when I stumbled upon the game-changing tools that became my internal compass and the backbone of my coaching practice. Martha Beck’s books gave me a practical way to figure out what I actually wanted my life to look like—not what others expected, but what my true self genuinely desired.
So, I waved goodbye to the world of marketing and dove headfirst into Martha Beck’s Wayfinder Life Coach Training. Merging Martha’s wisdom with training in Internal Family Systems Therapy and Mindful Self-Compassion has gifted me a powerful toolkit to share with my clients.
Now, I’m providing practical, actionable tools to help you build a life that truly resonates with your authentic desires. Tools I know can help, because they are the tools that helped me.
Common Client Focus Areas:
- Navigating Life With a Chronic Illness: Explore ways to find pleasure and joy, even when your body isn’t cooperating.
- Self-Talk and Mindset: Negative self-talk and limiting beliefs quickly derail even the best laid plans. Foster an empowering mindset and embrace self-compassion so you can create meaningful change.
- Habit Restructuring: Identify old patterns that no longer serve you, and explore new habits to support better health and a happier life. Together we’ll narrow focus, and create personalized structures, accountability systems, and strategies for the tough days.
- Perfectionism and People-Pleasing: Sacrificing our own needs, and expecting outright perfection from ourselves isn’t a sustainable way of being. Learn tools and strategies to help you address perfectionism and prioritize self-care.
- Advocacy Skills: Advocating for yourself at work, or in the healthcare system can be intimidating. Develop confidence, assertiveness and communication skills to advocate for yourself more effectively.
- Navigating Transitions: Big changes, even the positive ones, can be uncomfortable. Get support to help you adapt and thrive during transitions, and weather the discomfort when the path forward isn’t clear.
Steph Kelly’s Schedule
Mondays 12pm – 4pm (virtual only)
Tuesdays 9am – 12pm (virtual only)
Thursdays 10am – 11:30am and 1:15pm – 4pm (in-person or virtual)
I can’t wait to meet you, and explore how I can help you get from where you are, to where you want to be.
For more information about my story, toolkit and credentials please visit https://www.copperthreadcoaching.com/steph
To get a feel for what it’s like to work with me, please check out the Copper Thread Coaching Facebook or Instagram pages @Copper_Thread_Coaching