Dr. Christine Nguyen, BPHE, ND
Dr. Christine Nguyen, N.D. is a licensed naturopathic doctor with eight years of postsecondary education. Prior to her naturopathic medicine education, Dr. Nguyen completed her Bachelor of Physical Education and Health and graduated with honours from the University of Toronto. She then spent four years studying at the fully accredited Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) in Toronto, followed by successful completion of the Naturopathic Physicians Licensing Exam. She holds an active license to practice naturopathic medicine in Ontario by the College of Naturopaths of Ontario.
Dr. Nguyen has lived, studied and worked around the world including Canada, China, Vietnam and India. Dr. Nguyen was instrumental in organizing the first group externship for naturopathic medicine students at the National Hospital of Traditional Medicine in Hanoi, Vietnam, a World Health Organization-collaborating centre for traditional medicine and the leading hospital of traditional medicine in Vietnam.
Having demonstrated a passion and excellence in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Dr. Nguyen moved to Shanghai where she was able to study under the supervision of well-respected experts at the Shanghai Insight Ancient Chinese Medicine Institute. Her years in China have enabled her to acquire a deeper understanding of the art and science of TCM and the effectiveness of acupuncture for treating a plethora of health conditions.
Dr. Nguyen’s time abroad has also enabled her to live and understand the life of an expatriate, which can present its own unique joys and challenges. She works regularly with diplomats and their families as their health care provider, supporting them with their transitions and navigating their health concerns.
Her particular areas of interest include:
- Pain management – helping patients prevent and heal pain brought on by disease, overuse or injury using physical modalities (laser, acupuncture, cupping), nutraceuticals/herbs, lifestyle changes and mind/body awareness.
- Fatigue and Stress Management – addressing underlying causes of fatigue, balancing hormones, regulating sleep patterns and stress responses, prioritizing self-care, and building emotional resilience through lifestyle awareness and optimization.
- Mental health.- Using acupuncture, herbal medicine, diet, nutrition, amino acid therapy and lifestyle counseling Dr. Nguyen engages patient dialogue and addresses underlying contributors to mental health issues including depression and anxiety.
- Digestive health – Identifying food allergens and pathogens, supporting and healing the digestive system to get the most of your dietary intake.
- Optimizing health – Already amazingly healthy? Dr. Nguyen will review diet, lifestyle, supplements and testing to ensuring the removal of any obstacles to living one’s best life. Her life motto when it comes to health: Better Health Today. Good Health for a Lifetime.
Dr. Nguyen works with patients of all ages and backgrounds with natural health solutions that are safe, effective and reliable with the goal of addressing the root cause. She is committed to continuing education in the field of medicine and is constantly updating her skills and knowledge with evidence-based research.
Additional training or recognition was received in the following areas:
- Successful completion of the Ontario Prescribing and Therapeutics Course and the Ontario Prescribing and Therapeutics Examination enabling her to prescribe and administer intramuscular vitamin B12 injections, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, dessicated thyroid, high dose vitamin D3, etc.
- Myofascial Release Technique for sports injuries and pain management.
- Bioflex Low Intensity Laser Therapy for pain, inflammatory, dermatological or neurological conditions.
- First Line Therapy for weight management and disease prevention.
- CCNM Award of distinction for her passion and accomplishments in Traditional Chinese Medicine and acupuncture.
Dr. Nguyen believes that empowering individuals to make healthy lifestyle choices is the cornerstone to achieving one’s health and wellness goals. She happily welcomes new patients. For those already seeing multiple practitioners, she encourages an integrative approach to patient care with open communication between all care providers.
Dr. Nguyen can also be contacted for speaking engagements pertaining to a number of health topics to suit any group’s needs.
Dr. Nguyen speaks English, Vietnamese, and French. Those new to naturopathic medicine are invited to book a complimentary 15-minute meet-and-greet to learn more about what naturopathic medicine can do for you.
Dr. Christine Nguyen’s Schedule:
Consulting via telemedicine for current patients starting in October 2022